Many clients ask how they should position their leather strapped mirror on their wall. The best advice to determine optimal hanging length is to mock up the mirror on your wall before hanging it. Using this easy "masking tape" technique, you can better visualize how the final mirror will look on your wall:
1. Cut out a circular piece of cardboard or newspaper that is the size of the mirror 24" or 32"
2. Tape the cardboard on the wall you plan to hang the mirror.
3. Using masking tape, tape the shape of the strap on the wall. You can adjust the tape to your desired length and shape. Keep in mind that you should leave some space above the peg (it won't look good if your hanging peg is too close to the ceiling). You should also consider the shape of the "triangle" above the mirror. Play with the masking tape to figure out your desired proportions.
* Other considerations:
- Do you have a console table or a bathroom vanity under the mirror? Make sure you mark the height of any furniture of fixtures that is under the mirror.
- How tall is your partner or spouse? Are you hanging the mirror so your partner, who might be much taller or shorter than you can both use the mirror? ie, make sure the height of the mirror doesn't cut your partner's head off.
4. Once you've decided your desired hanging shape on your wall. Measure the distance from the top of the peg to the bottom of the mirror. That is your "hanging height." You can tell me your desired hanging height and your NOBI mirror can be made to your desired hanging height. Simply send me a message when you check out with this distance.
How to hang a captain's mirror
How to hang a leather strapped mirror
How to decide mirror hanging height
How to hang a strapped mirror
How to position a round hanging mirror
How to position a captain's mirror
Hanging a captain's mirror
Hang a captain's mirror
Hang a strapped mirror
Mirror hanging height